Thursday, November 7, 2013

What is love?

We need to get over this idea that love is an emotion. Love is NOT an emotion or a feeling, it is a choice. Love is not "do this and then I'll give you this..". It's I love you right now. I pursue you right now. I give you grace right now. Imagine a baby learning to walk and he falls. Imagine the parent saying oh no, you fell, I don't love you anymore. I don't want you anymore. I mean can you imagine if God did that to us? But because God already took the ultimate sacrifice we can now mess up and He will still pursue us and love us. In the Old Testament we see God dwelling in this big dome like temple and He makes himself vulnerable to His creation. Imagine that! And even when we rebelled instead of leaving us He says hmm ya know I'll make myself even more vulnerable. I'll actually put myself in the flesh and I will walk among them. & even then we crucified him and hung him on a cross. He rose from the dead and said I want to get even more intimate with my creation so He put himself in us and that is the Holy Spirit. So all throughout the scriptures we see God becoming more and more intimate. He will never stop pursuing us even when we run away. That's pretty awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment